A+ A- [A]
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2017, 01:38:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Hello from Red Barn Rabbit Rescue  (Read 4835 times)
Red Barn Rabbit Rescue
Supporters

Education - Adoption - Rehabilitation - Shelter

« on: July 12, 2010, 11:36:52 AM »

Hello All!

I'm so excited to be on here! I'm sure I'm not the only one.

My name is Alex and I'm founder of RBRR. I am the daughter of this mother daughter ran rescue in Oregon. Yes, I did originally drag my mom into this but now there is no dragging us out. I do most of the communicating and if you ever contact us, you will most likely be talking to me.

At RBRR we currently are home to 59 rabbits in all shapes, sizes, and personalities. We rehabilitate rescue rabbits then try to find them homes that will fit them. We are also sanctuary to many rabbits who are not as adoptable because of health or behavior reasons. We are one of few rescues in the state of Oregon and because of this have many issues to combat. Many people in our area don't know the first about rabbits but still get them anyway. We work hard to try and educate as many people as we can in hopes that they will help spread the information as well. We are strongly against the purchase of baby rabbits for more reasons than the breeding. Baby rabbits are also extremely hormonal when they turn 3-9 months old. This hormone burst can make anyone scared of rabbits. Another issue we face is financially. Because people don't know rabbits, they don't know us. We strive on donations but only get maybe one or two a month. These donations usually average $20 each. Caring for almost sixty rabbits with that amount is impossible. This is when we dig out our own wallets. Our current mission is to rack up enough money to finally be able to file for our 501(c)3 status. Without it, it is hard for other people and businesses to take us seriously.

We are a "small" and privately owned rescue. We provide a homey atmosphere to the rabbits instead of a shelter feel. We make sure every rabbit gets out to stretch everyday. We also keep them in a heated and air conditioned building of their own which is cleaned thoroughly everyday. We'd like to make every rescue rabbit that comes in think that he died and went to bunny heaven.

I think that is about all I can push out of my head right now.  Tongue I'd be happy to answer questions and I'm sure you'll see me around the boards.

Ask for a custom signature banner!
bobbys bunny bunch
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 09:04:13 PM »

Welcome to Bunnies In Need!   Thank you so much for joining and letting us know about your rescue.  People like you who are willing to give their time, money, heart and soul to needy rabbits are such an inspiration.   Bunnies need heroes and it sounds like many have found that in your and your mom.  Fifty-nine buns must really keep you hopping!

I love the photographs on your website by the way.   They are really gorgeous.

Red Barn Rabbit Rescue
Supporters

Education - Adoption - Rehabilitation - Shelter

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 01:05:06 AM »

Thank you for the compliments on the photos. I am a part time photographer and graphic designer. It keeps the rescue funded so we can continue to help the many, many bunnies in need. We are glad to inspire others as we are inspired by the rabbits themselves. They are truly magnificent creatures. Their intelligence, kindness, and willingness to forgive us humans is unmeasurable and simply incredible. We don't do this for any person, but for the rabbits. They need it.

A rescue is a full time job. If one is willing to put in the time, love, money, and heart, it can be and is one of the most rewarding experiences.

Ask for a custom signature banner!
Petter Kanin
Supporters

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 06:46:21 PM »

Hi!
It sounds like you are doing great work for the rabbits in Oregon.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: